Historically Black Colleges and Universities Tour
This spring, a small group of Contra Costa College students will tour Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs,) across the country.
Students who are selected to participate will join a larger group from other California community colleges as they fly from Oakland to Baltimore / Washington, then charter tour buses to Clark- Atlanta, Morehouse, Spelman, Edward Waters University, Florida A & M, Southern, Dillard, and Xavier Universities. Along the way, they’ll also visit the Martin Luther King, Jr Center and Whitney Plantation.
All eligible Contra Costa College students can apply, but only 12 students will be selected to participate. A committee of faculty, staff and administrators will oversee the highly competitive application process. The deadline to apply is 2:00 p.m. December 7. Applications may be submitted in person to the Transfer Center in the Student and Administration Building, Room 227.Apply Now
- Completed at least 20 transferable units at the time of application (students with more transfer units will have higher priority);
- 2.5 or higher cumulative transferable GPA at the time of application, which must be maintained through final fall semester grades. (Students with higher GPAs will have higher priority);
- Enrolled in or completed English 1A or a transferable math class;
- Enrolled in at least nine transferable units from Contra Costa College for Fall 2017;
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing at Contra Costa College;
- Show genuine interest in attending a HBCU through written portion of Personal Statement Essay (500 – 750 words);
- One letter of recommendation from CCC faculty in your major;
- Attend at least one Get on the Bus local campus tour during the fall 2017 semester.