Contra Costa College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, (10 Commercial Blvd, Suite 204, Novato, CA 94594, 415-506-0234), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. (View our college scorecard.)
Several programs at the college are also separately accredited by external professional and governmental organizations. Program accreditation includes the California Board of Registered Nursing and the California Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners. The College is approved for the training of veterans, and for the education of foreign students by the United States Department of State and the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
We are excited to share that the recent Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior College (ACCJC) review identified no college-level findings. As a result, Contra Costa College remains fully accredited. This means that our college maintains high-quality standards in delivering excellent learning programs and support services to our students.
In their letter, the commission expressed, “appreciation for the diligent work and thoughtful reflection that Contra Costa College undertook to prepare for this evaluation.”
We appreciate the hard work and dedication of the Accreditation Steering Committee in putting together an excellent Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) and in coordinating one of the first successful ACCJC remote site visits.
Through this review process, we also learned that there is room for improvement in our Contra Costa Community College District governance processes. ACCJC provided five recommendations for district-level improvements, four of which are directly for our governing board of elected officials. Due to these district-level findings, the accrediting commission has placed all three colleges in warning status.
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2022 Annual Fiscal Report
- Letter Reaffirming Accreditation – January 27, 2022
- ACCJC Follow Up Visit Peer Review Team Report – November 2-3, 2021 Visit
Preparation for Site Visit and Institutional Self Evaluation Review 2020
- Institutional Self-Evaluation Report (ISER) (ISER: issuu)
- Contra Costa College Accreditation Steering Committee
- Environmental Scan Data
Complaints and Comments
Third Party Comment
Individuals who wish to leave comments on the institutions that are undergoing review in the current semester and that are being considered by the Commission at its next meeting should use the Third Party Comments Form and be sure to include their name, address, phone number, and email address.
Against ACCJC Member Institutions
Students and members of the public who desire to file a formal complaint to the Commission about one of its member institutions should become familiar with the requirements for doing so prior to contacting the Commission. The Commission’s Policy on Student and Public Complaints Against Institutions will assist the user in understanding the issues this Commission can and cannot address through its complaint process. The policy explains the procedures for those wishing to file a complaint.
Complaints Against the Accrediting Commission
Individuals who wish to file a formal complaint to the Commission about the ACCJC should become familiar with the requirements for doing so prior to contacting the Commission. The Commission’s Policy on Complaints Against the ACCJC will assist the user in understanding the issues this Commission can and cannot address through its complaint process. The policy explains the procedures for filing a complaint.
- 2018 Accreditation Action Letter-Affirmation of Meeting All Standards
- 2016 Accreditation Action Letter-Affirmation of Meeting All Standards
- 2015 Accreditation Reaffirmation Letter
Reports and Submissions
- 2020 Contra Costa College Accreditation Annual Report
- 2019 Contra Costa College Accreditation Annual Report
- 2018 Contra Costa College Accreditation Annual Report
- 2017 Contra Costa College Accreditation Midterm Report
- 2015 ACCJC Follow-Up Report
- 2014 Accreditation External Evaluation Team Report
- 2014 Contra Costa College Self Evaluation Report on Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness
- 2012 Substantive Change Approval Letter