Contra Costa College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, (10 Commercial Blvd, Suite 204, Novato, CA 94594, 415-506-0234), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. (View our college scorecard.)
At its January 7-9, 2015 meeting, the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, took action to reaffirm Contra Costa College’s accreditation on the basis of a comprehensive evaluation and requires the College to submit a Follow-Up Report in October 2015.
Several programs at the college are also separately accredited by external professional and governmental organizations. Program accreditation includes the California Board of Registered Nursing and the California Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners. The College is approved for the training of veterans, and for the education of foreign students by the United States Department of State and the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Accreditation 2020 – Contra Costa College is developing it’s Institutional Self-Evaluation Report due in June 2020 and in preparation for an accreditation visit slated for October 4-6, 2020. This page will be updated to provide the campus and public more information about the accreditation process.
- 2018 Accreditation Action Letter-Affirmation of Meeting All Standards
- 2016 Accreditation Action Letter-Affirmation of Meeting All Standards
- 2015 Accreditation Reaffirmation Letter
Reports and Submissions:
- 2018 Contra Costa College Accreditation Annual Report
- 2017 Contra Costa College Accreditation Midterm Report
- 2015 ACCJC Follow-Up Report
- 2014 Accreditation External Evaluation Team Report
- 2014 Contra Costa College Self Evaluation Report on Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness