Don’t let anything stand between you and your education! If a limitation or disability affects your college activities, like reading, writing or accessing the tools you need to learn, just drop by DSPS.
What We’re About
We’re here to help with every part of your journey at CCC, from registration to getting to class. If we can’t help you out with something specific, we can probably connect you with someone on campus who can.
We also coordinate with professors and staff (with your permission) to make sure they’re ready to meet your needs.
How We Can Help
- On-campus transportation
- Note-taking services
- Sign Language interpreters
- Alternative media, like audio books and/or software for people with visual, mobility, or learning disabilities.
- Counseling and advice
- Getting more time to take tests
- Recording devices, smart pen and other equipment loans
- Priority registration
- And many other ways! If you need help with something else, just ask.
How to Sign Up
- Come get an application form from the DSPS office. If you need help filling it out, just let us know.
- Help us clearly understand your disability by giving us a doctor’s note, counselor’s referral, or documentation from your high school. If you think you have a learning disability that hasn’t been documented, let us know. We can test you right here.
- Meet with a DSPS counselor regularly. As you get to know your counselor, they will be able to help track your academic progress and match you with services that fit your needs.
- Then, just let us know whenever you need something!