Tuesday + Wednesday 8:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Counselors at Contra Costa College work collaboratively with students to provide academic, vocational, career and personal counseling. We foster and encourage your learning, through self-exploration and awareness.
Remote Services Only:
Appointment: Please schedule an appointment online or call 510-215-3935
Drop-ins: By phone Monday – Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. call 510-215-3935
Our drop-in counseling is a 10 minute Live Chat session with a CCC counselor.
This option is appropriate for brief, quick questions such as:
- College policies and deadlines
- Enrollment questions
- General questions related to certificates, degrees, programs and transfer information
- Please find a private location when communicating with the counselor
- Counselors may close the virtual drop-in early if the student queue has reached its maximum
We can help with:
- Academic Counseling
- Transfer Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Personal and Wellness Counseling
- Emotional management, self-esteem and empowerment
- Interpersonal relationships
- Wellness counseling
- Contra Costa College now offers therapy through JFK University’s Graduate Counseling Program. Free, confidential individual and specialized group therapy is conveniently located on the CCC campus. JFK intern counselors are warm, caring and available by appointment. Just call 510.215.3960 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student assistance counseling
- Student assistance counseling can help you manage a broad range of challenges–from everyday hassles to serious emotional health issues. They can help with things like stress and anxiety, grief and depression, substance abuse, domestic violence and family and relationship issues. Eligible members are entitled to as many telephone or web-video consultations as needed, and five face-to-face clinical counseling sessions per incident, per calendar year for free. Just call 1.800.227.1060 any time, day or night. (TDD dialers, please call 1.800.327.0801.)
- Connecting you with appropriate mental health resources.
- Disabled Students’ Programs and Services
- Vocational rehabilitation for students with disabilities
- Academic and Progress Probation
- One-hour financial aid appeal counseling (by appointment)
- Academic standing or probation counseling (by appointment)
- Veterans Counseling
- Two veteran counselors
- Veterans’ Center in room 111 of the Student + Administration Building
To schedule an appointment, call or visit our office, or schedule an appointment using our online appointment system.
Have a Quick Question?
Come in during our drop-in hours. If you plan on coming in the afternoon, please call the office before you leave work or home to find out what the wait time is.
- The last student on the list must be seen 15 minutes before closing the drop-in.
- Drop-ins are only 15 minutes per student for quick questions only.
- Drop-in hours are subject to change.
- For visits that might take longer than 15 minutes, be sure to make an appointment. Financial aid appeals, reinstatements, and educational plans will require appointments.