9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
& 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Many CCC students plan to eventually earn a bachelor’s or even graduate degree.
Planning your transfer begins as soon as you enroll at Contra Costa College. For some, that process can be as short as two years. For others, it can be as long as four.
If you plan to transfer, you definitely need to get acquainted with Transfer Services and develop a relationship with a counselor as soon as you enroll. We can help you figure out where you want to go and how to make sure you get there.
We Can Help With
- Educational planning
- Advice from visiting four-year college representatives, including presentations and one-on-one appointments
- Transfer preparation classes, where you earn course credit and get help getting started
- Bus and plane trips to tour colleges and universities
- Workshops and special events, like Transfer Day and the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Caravan.
- Choosing the right school
- Filling out applications, answering Personal Insight Questions and writing personal statements
- Finding and applying for scholarships
A Few Tips to Get Started
- Research and identify some majors and degrees you might like to pursue before you start looking at schools.
- Take some courses like Counseling 120, 103B and 130. They can be very helpful in figuring out what your goals are, and how to reach them.
- Then, research and identify the four-year schools and programs you might like to attend.
- Be sure to keep your GPA as high as possible, to make yourself competitive as an applicant.
- Meet with your counselors and instructors regularly.
- Keep an eye on our calendar for tours, visits from college representatives, and workshops that might be helpful to you.
- Start looking for scholarships now.