Transfer Agreements + Guarantees
A Transfer Admission Agreement (TAA) or Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) is a written contract between you, Contra Costa College, and a specific participating four-year college or university. This contract states that if you meet the requirements, you will be admitted to that four-year college or university.
The TAA or TAG helps you understand:
- The courses you must complete before transferring
- The minimum GPA you must earn
- The number of units required to transfer
- The specific requirements for selective majors
- A completed TAG or TAA, signed by you, your counselor and a university representative, guarantees your admittance to the university in your chosen major for the term you specify, provided you follow and complete all of the terms of the agreement.
Currently, seven UC campuses offer guaranteed admission to California Community College students who meet specific requirements. By participating in a TAG or TAA program, you become eligible to receive early review of your academic record, early admission notification, and specific guidance on major preparation and general education coursework. For a list of eligibility criteria and special notes for each campus, click here.
What universities offer a TAG or TAA?
CSU East Bay, Brandman University and National University. As well as UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UC Santa Cruz (to begin a UC TAG click here) .
How do I apply for a TAG or TAA?
Schedule a counseling appointment, in Student Services Center, Room 108 or call 510.215.3935 for more information.