Get on the Plane Tour of Historically Black Colleges + Universities
HBCUs serve students from a wide range of cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and majors. They are located in the Southeastern United States, and can be public, private, co-educational, or single-sex campuses. They offer a high-quality education in a supportive setting for students who might encounter difficulty in realizing their full academic potential, especially students of color.
Selected Contra Costa College students can join other community college students from across California on the Get on the Plane Spring Break Tour 2020. The tour includes a round-trip flight from Oakland to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, lodging, meals, and ground transportation to visit:
- Morehouse College
- Spelman College
- Fort Valley State University
- Florida A & M University
- Southern University
- Dillard University
- Xavier University of NOLA
Eligibility to Apply:
- Completed 12 transferable units by Summer 2019
- 2.5 GPA
- Enrolled or completed Transferable Math or English
- Attend a Fall 2019 Get on the Bus – Bay Area Campus Tour
- Attend an Application Orientation
To Apply, You’ll Need to Submit:
- Official Application
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member in your transfer major who can speak to your potential as a transfer student in the major. (Letters of recommendation from counselors, coaches and staff will not be accepted.)
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended
- Personal Essay
- Individual interview with selection committee
The application window opens Monday September 16, 2019 and closes Tuesday November 26, at 5:00 p.m.
Please contact Andrea S. Phillips, MA/MS Transfer Counselor Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.