Legal Resources for Undocumented Students
California Community College Students have access to free immigration legal services. If you need to schedule an appointment for free legal services, please contact one of the following advocate groups.
Immigration Institute of the Bay Area (IIBA)
For more information visit: Immigration Institute of the Bay Area (IIBA)
- Schedule an appointment for free confidential immigration consultation. Available via telephone or Zoom every Monday and Tuesday from 10am to 3pm.
925-237-8581 ext. 20 or ext. 11
- IIBA currently has funding to cover DACA renewal and initial application fees! First come, first serve. Also, limited funding for naturalization applications.
- Legal assistance for naturalization, DACA initial and renewal applications, family-based petitions, U visas, and others.
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and green card (permanent resident) renewal or replacements.
- Citizenship classes
- For more information, you can check out IIBA’s video, or please contact Denny Kasso at email@example.com or 925-203-1098.
East Bay Community Law Center (EBCLC)
For more information visit: East Bay Community Law Center (EBCLC)
- Schedule an appointment for free confidential immigration legal consultation
- DACA renewal applications
- Humanitarian and family-based immigration relief
Additional Legal Resources
- Immigration Law Help – Helping low-income immigrants find legal help and non-profits searchable map by zip code.
- Department of Social Services– Legal help providers by county.
- Stand Together Contra Costa – Legal services, community workshops, legal clinics, and training.
- Immigration legal help & rapid response to ICE activity. [To report ICE activity: 925-900-5151]
- MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund) — Latinx legal civil rights organization headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
- Centro Legal De La Raza – Specializing in immigration and eviction, and employee rights in Alameda County.
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center – Legal assistance, policy, and advocacy. Issues and areas of expertise include Asylum, Civic Participation, Citizenship and Naturalization, DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), LGBT, and more.
- Bay Area Legal Aid – Immigration assistance, child support, divorce, restraining orders, child custody, and other services for do.