When calling to book an appointment for VA Ed-Planning/GI Bill inquiries, please specify that you are a Veteran. Veteran appointments are available in the Student & Administration Building (SAB) in the Transfer Center Room 227 or Student Service Center (SSC) Counseling Center Room 108.

Student Veterans Resource Center

Student veterans can come and meet with an advisor or just “hang out” in the new Student’s Veteran Resource Center (SVRC) located Student and Administration Building, Room 112.  The SVRC provides a place for students to find information on G.I. Bill benefits, student services, and community organizations that are dedicated to assisting veterans.  It is also a place just for veterans to network, do homework, or use a computer.

The SVRC is staffed by Veteran Peer Advisers, Community Program Advocates and Certifying Officials.  Peer Advisers are Contra Costa College students who understand the unique circumstances and challenges that student veterans face because they are veterans themselves.  They are specially trained to assist students in identifying relevant programs and resources that are available on campus and in the community. Resources are available on a variety of issues including employment, counseling, housing, and healthcare.

Veteran students can also make an appointment with a counselor through the Counseling Office in the Student Services Center.


Office Hours
Monday-Friday 10:00 – 16:00
Monday-Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Closed on Holidays

Contra Costa College Veteran’s Certifying Official
Trinidad Ledesma
Phone:  510-215-3931
Office:  Admissions SAB-112

Veterans at Contra Costa College


Complete an application for admission to Contra Costa College. The application can be obtained from the Admissions and records office or complete it online at CCC Apply.


Complete a VA Application for Education Benefits. (This application is now done online at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ under the “Education & Training” tab, then click on “For Students” and “Get Started”) After you are done, print the signature page and a copy of your application and bring it to the CCC Admissions office.


Apply for Financial Aid. (Student Services Center – School Code: 001190)

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) FAFSA www.fafsa.ed.gov.

If you are determined ineligible due to a Estimate Family Contribution (EFC) letter inquire with Financial Aid about the “Reduction in Income” process.


Turn in your DD-214 “Member 4” copy to the CCC Veterans Certifying Official (Veterans Only). For Select Reservists, a copy of the Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) must be submitted. The NOBE is obtained through your command. Dependents should submit the veteran’s service member number, or SSN.


Read and Sign the Statement of Responsibility.

Can be found on CCC website under Student Services > Admissions & Records > Forms> Veterans Forms.


Submit official transcripts to the Admissions & Records Office.
Provide CCC with official transcripts from any colleges you attended before, during, or after your military service.


Complete Orientation for Contra Costa College:

Online Orientation: a link should be in the email you provided when you submitted your application

Required steps to receive Veteran Priority Registration Dates

** 1. Copy of DD-214 to Admissions & Records

** 2. Complete Online

** 3. Complete Math & English Assessments

** 4. Complete Ed Plan with a VA Counselor


Take the Assessment tests. Make an appointment with the Assessment Center in SCC-104 to take the assessment tests.

  • If you have taken the placement test at another California Community College within the last two years you can use those scores for placement into CCC classes. Bring in a copy of your official score report to the Assessment Center to be evaluated.


Meet with a Veterans’ counselor for an Educational Plan (Ed Plan). This course letter is an evaluation of your prior college credit and will also list each class you need to take in order to reach your educational goals. Before the counselor can make an appointment, you must:
  • Have completed all the previous listed above.
  • Have all required documents on file at the Veterans Office.
  • Make an appointment at the Counseling Office counter (SSC Building) or online or via phone.
You may also schedule your appointment over the phone at: 510-215-3936
  • If appointments are unavailable, please go see Andrea for drop-ins at the Transfer Center in SAB-227.


Complete and submit VA Certification Request: Can be found on CCC website under Student Services > Admissions & Records > Forms> Veterans Forms.

  • You will need to complete a request for Certification every semester; benefits do not automatically roll over to the next semester.
  • Please attach a copy of your class schedule.

You are RESPONSIBLE to notify the Veterans Office within 30 days of any changes to your enrollment.

Note: Call the Department of Veterans at 888-442-4551 for questions regarding your education benefits.