Student Veterans Resource Center
Contra Costa College Veteran’s Certifying Official
Office: Admissions SAB-112
Complete an application for admission to Contra Costa College. The application can be obtained from the Admissions and records office or complete it online at CCC Apply.
Complete a VA Application for Education Benefits. (This application is now done online at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ under the “Education & Training” tab, then click on “For Students” and “Get Started”) After you are done, print the signature page and a copy of your application and bring it to the CCC Admissions office.
Apply for Financial Aid. (Student Services Center – School Code: 001190)
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) FAFSA www.fafsa.ed.gov.
If you are determined ineligible due to a Estimate Family Contribution (EFC) letter inquire with Financial Aid about the “Reduction in Income” process.
Turn in your DD-214 “Member 4” copy to the CCC Veterans Certifying Official (Veterans Only). For Select Reservists, a copy of the Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) must be submitted. The NOBE is obtained through your command. Dependents should submit the veteran’s service member number, or SSN.
Read and Sign the Statement of Responsibility.
Submit official transcripts to the Admissions & Records Office.
Provide CCC with official transcripts from any colleges you attended before, during, or after your military service.
Complete Orientation for Contra Costa College:
Online Orientation: a link should be in the email you provided when you submitted your application
Required steps to receive Veteran Priority Registration Dates
** 1. Copy of DD-214 to Admissions & Records
** 2. Complete Online
** 3. Complete Math & English Assessments
** 4. Complete Ed Plan with a VA Counselor
Take the Assessment tests. Make an appointment with the Assessment Center in SCC-104 to take the assessment tests.
- If you have taken the placement test at another California Community College within the last two years you can use those scores for placement into CCC classes. Bring in a copy of your official score report to the Assessment Center to be evaluated.
- Have completed all the previous listed above.
- Have all required documents on file at the Veterans Office.
- Make an appointment at the Counseling Office counter (SSC Building) or online or via phone.
- Appointments: http://www.contracosta.edu/home/student-services/counseling/
- Select the: “Schedule Appointment” button.
- Veteran Counselors: Andrea Phillips.
- If appointments are unavailable, please go see Andrea for drop-ins at the Transfer Center in SAB-227.
Complete and submit VA Certification Request: Can be found on CCC website under Student Services > Admissions & Records > Forms> Veterans Forms.
- You will need to complete a request for Certification every semester; benefits do not automatically roll over to the next semester.
- Please attach a copy of your class schedule.
You are RESPONSIBLE to notify the Veterans Office within 30 days of any changes to your enrollment.
Note: Call the Department of Veterans at 888-442-4551 for questions regarding your education benefits.