Types of Financial Aid

The term “financial aid” refers to any type of financial assistance provided to students to help cover the costs of higher education. This ranges from fee waivers to grants or even work-study. Below you will find general information about the types of financial aid that Contra Costa College offers.

Federal Student Aid Programs

The United States Department of Education is the largest provider of financial assistance for higher education in the country. Below, you will find information on the various programs they offer to students of Contra Costa College.

California State Aid Programs

The state of California offers aid programs to California residents, including undocumented residents, attending California colleges and universities who meet specific eligibility guidelines. Click here for more information on financial aid programs for undocumented students.