Open Educational Resources (OER) and Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Committee
1. To assess OER and ZTC at CCC and how it fits with Strategic Directions.
2. To identify strategies for growth and develop an action plan.
3. To develop ZTC pathways at CCC.
4. To recommend policy for managers, faculty, staff, and students related to OER and ZTC.
5. To identify existing OER and provide faculty support in creating ZTC courses, including OER adoption, adaptation, and authorship; copyright compliance and fair use; accessibility.
6. To advise the college on financial resources needed to improve and increase OER and ZTC at CCC.
Relationship to campus governance or leadership: standing subcommittee of Academic Senate
Status: As a subcommittee of the Academic Senate, Brown Act procedures are followed.
Composition: Voting members (all faculty): 2 faculty per division with 2 alternates, plus 1 librarian
Non-voting/Ex officio members: 1 classified, 2 students, 1 manager
Because this is a Brown Act committee, only voting members who are physically present on-campus at the meeting can vote, or you can be in a publicly accessible place with a public address.
Chair: OER Coordinator
Quorum: 50% filled voting seats + one voting member.
Voting/decision-making procedure: Majority vote of all voting members attending the meeting.
Perry Aliado Lori Brown
Meeting times: First Tuesdays 2:00 p.m. -4:00 p.m.