Translate

Following a nationwide search, Kyle Alvarado has been named the next Director of Athletics at Contra Costa College.

Alvarado has been the Program Coordinator/Assistant Athletic Director at Diablo Valley College since January, 2018. During this time with at DVC, Alvarado managed the operational budget for the Athletics and Kinesiology Department. He also organized and planned all away competitions. He also served as an event supervisor for 17 intercollegiate sports, including organizing security, ticket takers, and managing fans and the officials. 

“I’m incredibly grateful for my time at DVC, where I’ve learned, collaborated, and formed relationships with student-athletes. Special thanks to head coaches and support staff like Jason Butler and Annie Mohr, and my mentor, Christine Worsley. I’m extremely excited for the role at Contra Costa College, where I’ll support student-athletes and coaches. I’d like to thank the Contra Costa College leadership for this opportunity to lead the Comets.”  

Alvarado also was the main coordinator for the department annual fundraiser, the DVC Athletics Poker Tournament, which drew over 100 attendees and earned the department approximately $20,000.00 in fundraising revenue, annually.   

And Alvarado assisted in interpreting California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) constitution to determine student’s athletic eligibility, as well as conducting the eligibility meetings for each team. 

Alvarado has held various jobs throughout his career at the Contra Costa Community College District. These include Admissions & Records Assistant, Disabled Student Programs and Service Admin Assistant, and Interim Marketing and Communications Coordinator at the district office.