8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Office hours currently held through Zoom.
Note Office hours on Zoom: 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Select the link or call 16699006833, ID#719314028# US (San Jose)
EOPS students: please check your InSite mail at least twice per day for updates during this time.
If you feel like you need a little extra support, are worried about paying for school, or face other, related challenges, Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) might be able to help you out. It gives extra support to students who are underrepresented in higher education.
Important Spring 2021 EOPS Dates
Ways EOPS Can Help
- Calculator and textbook loans
- Priority registration
- Transfer scholarships
- Useful workshops
- And help paying for things like parking permits, bus passes, school supplies and transfer applications.
It also hosts some pretty cool activities, including a summer academy where you get to visit cultural destinations like museums and universities.
And—maybe most important of all—it offers regular chances to connect one-on-one with your instructors. That can be a real advantage when it comes to understanding the material and getting higher grades.
Thanks to all that support, EOPS students are more likely to succeed than they otherwise would have been. For example, in recent years, EOPS students have been as much as 20% more likely than other students to stay in school.
How to Qualify
To use EOPS services, you have to be:
- A California resident
- Enrolled in 12 or more units
- Eligible for the California Promise Grant
- And have less than 70 degree-applicable units.
You also need to identify yourself as having at least one of these educational disadvantages:
- Being a first-generation college student
- Placing below college level English or math
- Speaking English as your second language
- Having a high school GPA below 2.5
- Or not having a high school diploma or GED, at all.
But, the application is a lot easier than you would think. Almost everything is self-reported, so you won’t need a high school transcript or tax forms.
How to Sign Up
Just do the following (if you haven’t, already):
- Apply to attend Contra Costa College
- Apply for the California Promise Grant fee waiver
- Complete your English & math placements
- Submit all transcripts from any colleges you have previously attended to the Admissions & Records Office. (If you can’t get an official transcript because you owe fees, an unofficial one will work for now.)
- Complete and submit the EOPS application
- Apply to Summer Academy
- Complete the program requirements on time.
If you need help or have any questions about EOPS or how to apply, come by the EOPS/CARE + CalWORKS office, or give us a call. We’d be happy to help.