Campus Visit Safety Checklist
The following checklist incorporates recommendations from the California Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding how to stay safe when going to a school campus during COVID-19. The Student Safety Checklist is a companion document to the 4CD COVID-19 Operational Plan (add live link).
Contra Costa College is committed to safeguarding the health and safety of all students, faculty, and staff. Promoting safety in the age of COVID-19 requires that each person actively take steps to mitigate risk and the spread of the disease. Please complete the following checklist to do your part in protecting yourself and others.
Prior to Visiting Campus
the following information about COVID-19 symptoms and safety information.
- Keenan Safe Colleges COVID-19 training (add live link)
- Check your InSite email address for specific information pertaining to safety protocols for your courses. Depending on your course, your instructor may have sent you information that should be reviewed before your first class session.
students and employees will be required to wear a face covering* while on
campus. Please make sure that you have a face covering prior to your first day
of class. Students not wearing face coverings will not be invited into the
- Please review the CDPH Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings and CDC’s Use Cloth Face Coverings to Slow the Spread of COVID-19.
Before Leaving for School
a thorough self-assessment to determine whether you pose a potential risk of exposure to others.
- Please do not come to campus if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. Your instructor will work with you to make it possible for you to make-up missed work. You will not be penalized for staying home if you are sick.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for what to do if you think that you may have COVID-19
- Ensure that you have your face covering* on-hand so that you can apply it upon arriving at school.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Upon Arriving at School and Throughout the Day
- Apply your face covering immediately upon arriving on campus. Please note that you will not be invited into your classroom if you do not have a face covering.
- Observe social distancing guidelines by maintaining a distance of 6 feet from other people.
hands before entering your class and regularly throughout the day
- To the extent possible, avoid touching commonly touched surfaces, such as door handles, after washing hands.
- Avoid touching face or face covering throughout the day.
When You Enter Your Classroom
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the door to your classroom.
- Your instructor will show you your assigned seat. Please use this seat every class session.
- Use a sanitizing wipe to clean your learning space at the beginning and end of each class session.
- Comply with any additional safety protocols that are required by your instructor.