Start College Off Right
Make the most of your first year of college! In the First Year Experience, you’ll get your very own dedicated support team and activities to help you start and stay on track to achieve your dreams of transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Educational Coach – Get the support you need every step of your way toward success—guidance, tutoring and much more.
- Peer Mentor – Will help you navigate your experience in your new college environment.
- Academic Counselor – Will help you create an educational plan so that you know the right classes to take.
- Learning Communities – Find your home amongst students and faculty who share similar interests.
- Summer Math and English Jams (Recommended) – Get ready for your fall classes with pre-semester academic support.
- Student Clubs – Make new friends, explore your interests and develop new skills.
- Welcome Day – Workshop to help you transition to college.
|First Semester||Second Semester||Summer|
|Counseling 120 – Managing College Success + Life Transitions (Required / 3 units)||Counseling 130 – Career + Major Exploration (Required/1.5 units)|
Counseling 140 – Job Search Strategies (Required 1.5 units)
|Counseling 103B – Ensuring Transfer Success (Recommended/1.5 units)|
Application, Eligibility + Participation Requirements
- Earn a high school diploma or equivalent from a West County High School or be a Richmond Promise Scholarship Recipient.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a California Dream Act application (CADA).
- Submit the FT3 Pledge.
- Complete an educational plan.
- Submit a First Year Experience application.
- Attend an information session.
- Attend Welcome Day.
- Take a full-time course load (12+ units) each semester.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Complete English and math courses.
- Complete all mandatory program activities.