Placement is one of the most important steps in the enrollment process. At Contra Costa College, we want to help you succeed and part of your success as a college student depends on enrolling in courses that match your abilities and skills.
Get into the math, English, English as a Second Language (ESL) or Spanish classes that are right for you!
To find out your math and/or English course placement(s), you have two options: self-reporting or testing.
Option 1 – Use your high school transcript to self-report your information.
If you have already applied to Contra Costa College …
- You will need your CCC username and password.
- After entering in all of your information, you will be prompted to email the report(s) showing your suggested course placement(s) to the Assessment Center.
- Please allow 1-3 business days for your results to be processed.
If you have NOT already applied to Contra Costa College …
- After entering in all of your information, print the report(s) showing your suggested course placement(s) and take the copy to the Assessment Center located in the Student Services Center, Room 104.
- Please bring a valid photo ID with you (e.g. Driver’s License, High School ID, Passport, etc.) as we cannot process your results without one.
- You will need to provide your CCC student ID number for your placement(s) to be officially entered into the system.
Option 2 – Take the assessment tests.
To find out your math, English, ESL or Spanish course placement(s) by taking the assessment tests, book an appointment online, in-person or by calling our office.
You must have each of the following with you to take the tests:
- A Contra Costa College application on file with the Admissions & Records Office.
- Your CCC student ID number.
- A valid photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License, High School ID, Passport, etc.) is required to take the test.
Who Should Be Assessed?
Book An Assessment
Understanding Your Assessment Scores