Committee Agendas + Minutes
College Council is the highest governing body for Contra Costa College. Decisions made by the Budget, Operations, Planning and Student Success committees are forwarded to College Council for review and final approval.
- To approve the annual college’s plans, goals and objectives.
- To review the college philosophy/mission goals.
- To decide the process for resource allocation.
- To decide policies and procedures that impact all constituent groups.
- To ensure that accreditation standards and recommendations are addressed.
- To foster improved communication among constituent groups.
- To review the college’s evaluation measures.
Meeting: Second Thursday of the month from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Purpose: To evaluate procedures for the allocation and use of revenue and to disseminate budget information to the college for the operating budget.
Meeting: Third Wednesday for the month from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
1) To raise issues and take immediate action on problems pertaining to the daily operations or routine operations of the college, its instructional and service programs/units.
2) To recommend to President’s Cabinet proposals regarding non-routine operational matters; proposals regarding planning and evaluation activities; or recommendations for procedure development/codification.
3) To evaluate and improve instructional service operations.
Meeting: Second and fourth Mondays of the month from 9:00 am to 10:30 am.
Minutes and agendas of all subcommittees of the Operations Committee may be found at the links below:
1) To lead the college’s research and planning efforts to ensure quality instruction and student services.
2) To support district-wide strategic initiatives based on quantitative and qualitative measures.
3) To monitor the college’s progress on meeting district’s and college’s strategic initiatives.
Meeting: First Fridays of the month from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
Minutes and agendas of all subcommittees of the Planning Committee may be found at the links below:
Student Success Committee
- To provide governance oversight for student success initiatives across the college in order to maximize positive impact for students by a) strategically integrating institution-wide initiatives; b) ensuring alignment with the college’s values, mission, and commitment to inclusion and equity; and c) ensuring that efforts are customized to meet the needs of CCC’s diverse student population.
- To provide a forum for the ongoing review and discussion of student success data to a) help shape a comprehensive, institution-wide strategy for the advancement of student success and systemic equity at CCC, and to b) promote greater responsiveness to community needs in alignment with the college’s overarching vision and mission.
- To actively advance a student-centered culture by regularly evaluating the impact of institutional efforts to improve student success and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- To make recommendations to college governance committees regarding student success and equity priorities based on an analysis of student outcome data. When appropriate, provide suggestions for how these priorities might be incorporated into unit plans in order to improve student outcomes while simultaneously meeting state mandates.
- To liaise with Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Professional Development, Student Services, Council of Chairs, and other relevant groups on campus in order to recommend the incorporation of equity-minded practices and frameworks into classroom pedagogy and services provided to students.
- To make recommendations to College Council for the approval of all college plans related to student success and the college’s equity agenda.
Meeting: Third Wednesdays of the month from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Minutes and agendas of all subcommittees of the Student Success Committee may be found at the links below: