The role of a counselor at Contra Costa College is to work collaboratively with students to provide academic, vocational, career and personal counseling. The focus is to foster and encourage student learning through self exploration and awareness.
Counselors are available to assist students and provide services in the following areas:
- Academic counseling to clarify educational goals and develop educational plans
- Career counseling and assessment to explore interests, skills, values, work attitudes and personality traits related to the career decision making process
- Personal counseling to uncover factors serving as barriers to future success and strategies to overcome them
- Information on satisfying requirements necessary for transferring to four-year public, private and out-of-state colleges and universities
- Vocational rehabilitation for students with disabilities
- Academic and progress probation counseling
- Veterans counseling and educational planning services
To schedule an appointment, call or visit our office, or schedule an appointment using our online appointment system.
Important Appointment Information
Drop-in appointments are available daily for quick questions and emergency problem solving. Please keep in mind that drop-ins are limited to 15 minutes, so it is best to book an appointment for most of your counseling needs.
Financial aid appeals, reinstatements, and full educational plans REQUIRE appointments. Please do not plan to drop in for any of these matters.