The Administration of Justice program provides students with the legal, ethical and educational background necessary to pursue a career in a criminal justice-related field and/or to successfully transition into a 4-year academic program. The program prepares students for successful completion of the California Peace Officer Standards and Training and Department of Corrections academies. The program also supports administration of justice professionals by providing staff development opportunities and promotional pathways.
Some possible careers:
Correction officer, probation officer, parole officer, security guard, police officer, detective, dispatcher, jailer, airline security specialist, special agent for the DEA, FBI or Treasury, lawyer, private investigator.
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
* Students who complete the program will be able to effectively use interpersonal communication skills as required by criminal justice professionals.
* Students who complete the program will be prepared to successfully create writing assignments related to employment in the Criminal Justice System.
* Students who complete the program can apply good ethics and leadership to their decision making process as it relates to performing their jobs.
* Students who complete the program can successfully complete state training requirements for criminal justice professionals.
* Students who complete the program and pass POST background procedures can successfully find employment in criminal justice system careers.