Remote Printing Services
Need to print, but don't have a printer?
You may send items that you wish to print to the printer located at the Contra Costa College Library. You may then retrieve and print them at the printer kiosk at that location. Black and white printouts are 12 cents per page. (Color printouts via remote connection are not supported at this time). Documents will be held for up to 4 hours. An internet connection is required.
To send your print job...
You have a choice of submitting your print jobs by email, by web, or by using a virtual print driver or app.
Send your document to be printed as an email attachment to:
You may save this address to your list of contacts.
You may save this address to your list of favorites or bookmarks.
Download the free "PrintWhere" driver, and print directly from within your application as if the printer was attached to your computer! http://www.printeron.com/print-now
To Anywhere Else:
You may also choose to send your print job another location using the PrintSpots Directory at:
To retrieve your printout at the Contra Costa College Library:
- You will need to have a vend card to retrieve your printouts from the kiosk.
- Vend cards may be purchased from a vending machine in the library using a $1.00 bill. This gives you a card with a value of $1.00. (Note: This vending machine does NOT accept bills of other denominations or any coins, and it does NOT make change.
- You may add value to an existing card by inserting it into a copy machine, adding bills or coins, and then ejecting the card.
- Insert your vend card into the card reader at the print kiosk.
- Enter your name or email address to identify your print jobs.
- Choose the items you wish to print from the list.
(Submission via email will allow you to print the email message and/or the attachment.)
- Click on the "Print Selected Documents" button.
Directions to Contra Costa College:
PrintSpots supports many common document and picture formats. (Please refer to the short list or detailed list of programs and formats). Note that it may not support Apple's PAGES format or older Microsoft Works formats (.WPS files for example). You may need to open and re-save a file as a different type of format, such as Rich Text (.RTF) or Document (.DOC), to use this service.
Please note the "help" (question mark) button at the PrinterOn site. If you need further assistance, please contact:
Computer Center Coordinator
LLRC, Room 122
(510) 215-4981 / x44981
Backup Your Documents: It is strongly recommended that you save a backup copy of any documents to be printed to an email as an attachment, to an internet service, and/or to a USB device that can be accessed at a library computer. This could prove helpful in the event of a technical problem.
Limitations: Contra Costa College and its staff will not be held responsible for any lost, misdirected, scrambled, unintelligible, or deleted emails, attachments, or other submissions, or any issues or expenses as a result of such. This service is provided as a convenience to our patrons by third-party providers. This service is offered "as is", and no guarantees or warrantees of quality or performance are offered. Please refer to the "Term and Conditions" at the PrinterOn web site.
See the Advocate newspaper article, "Remote service offers easy prints" by Angelina Rucobo (3/30/11)