Early Learning Center Mission & Philosophy
Mission Statement & Philosophy
The Contra Costa College Early Learning Center is designed to support the optimal development of children, their families, and students of the college. Our commitment is to provide a wide range of experiences that promote self-awareness, problem solving, cognitive skills, physical development, creative expression as well as a respect and appreciation for cultural differences. We recognize the importance of the early years in human development and seek to provide an environment that supports the development of each individual’s full potential.
The Early Learning Center will:
- Provide a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment for all children and adults.
- Provide well-prepared learning experiences that meet the individual needs of each child.
- Provide learning activities and materials that are concrete, real and meaningful to the lives of the children.
- Provide an environment where Early Childhood students can observe and learn effective teaching practices.
- Provide quality childcare services to support the academic success of parents who are enrolled at Contra Costa College.
- Provide a climate of respect, encouragement and support for all.