Help with difficulties you may encounter at Contra Costa College

We hope that your experience at CCC has been a positive one and that you are satisfied with the assistance you have received in and around the college. But if you do run into difficulties with any of the following areas note the procedures for addressing your concerns.

Type of Difficulty Procedure – At a Glance*
With a campus service or office If your concern cannot be resolved by the person providing assistance to you, ask to speak with the immediate supervisor. If the issue is not resolved, contact the next level manager.
With an instructor, counselor or librarian Speak with the instructor, counselor or librarian to seek a resolution. If the issue remains unresolved, contact the department chair. If no mutually agreeable solution is reached contact the division dean for the area.
With other employee Speak with the person to attempt to resolve the issue. If this is unsuccessful, ask to speak with the immediate supervisor. If the issue is still unresolved please contact Human Resources in AA Room 201.
Grade Appeal No grade may be challenged or changed more than one year after the end of the session in which the grade was assigned. Speak with the instructor who gave the grade. If the instructor is not open to changing the grade, speak with the Department Chair and/or Division Dean. If no agreement is reached the issue will be sent to the College’s Grievance Officer.
Unlawful discrimination or harassment If you believe you have been subject to unlawful discrimination or harassment, contact the Dean of Student Services, Title IX Coordinator, for information about the district board and college policies and the formal and informal complaint procedures.
Inquiries/Complaints on Basis of Disability Concerns regarding access, treatment, or employment on the basis of disability should be directed to the Dean of Student Services, Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Information will be provided based on district board and college policies, in addition to formal and informal complaint procedures.
Your academic status/educational program/personal issues Contact the Counseling Center to arrange to speak with a counselor if you have questions about your academic progress, your educational program plan, or if you would like to discuss personal difficulties that are affecting your progress in classes.
Parking Permits/Campus Safety The campus Police Services Department can assist you with concerns regarding your campus safety, parking permits, or reports of loss or theft.

*More information can be found in the college catalog or the Office of the Dean of Student Services.

College Phone: (510) 235-7800

Service: Location: Extension
Counseling Center SSC-108 (510) 215-3936
College Grievance Officer: John Wade GA-90 (510) 215-4801
Dean of Liberal Arts: Jason Berner LA-24 (510) 215-4993
Dean of Library, Allied Health, Vocational Education & Athletics: Susan Lee LLRC-212 (510) 215-4916
Dean of Natural, Social and Applied Sciences: Donna Floyd (Interim) PS-116 (510) 215-4008
Dean of Student Services/Title IX Coordinator/ADA/504 Coordinator, Vicki Ferguson SAB-219 (510) 215-3961
Police Services R Bldg (510) 215-4858
Welcome/Transfer Center SSC-111 (510) 215-4110

Complaint Process Notice (per Section 600.9 State Authorization (a)(1), Section 668.43(b))

Most complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters should be resolved at the campus level. This is the quickest and most successful way of resolving issues involving a California Community College (CCC). You are obligated to work through the campus complaint process first before escalating issues to any of the following resources. Issues that are not resolved at the campus level may be presented:

  • To the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) at if your complaint is associated with the institution’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards. ACCJC is the agency that accredits the academic programs of the California Community Colleges.
  • To the CCC Chancellor’s Office by completing the Web form at if your complaint does not concern CCC’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards.
  • If your complaint involves unlawful discrimination, to the Chancellor’s Office Web site at Nothing in this disclosure should be construed to limit any right that you may have to take civil or criminal legal action to resolve your complaints.